In partnership with the Ohio Department of Health and Union County Health Department, RAPCA can provide assistance with radon testing questions, link homeowners to free or discounted radon test kits, and make referrals to other organizations handling radon issues.
To receive a free or discounted radon test kit, please visit www.ohio.radon.com/ohio and fill out the request form. Please note, the Ohio Department of Health requires homeowners to meet income requirements to receive a free test kit. Homeowners who do not meet the income requirement are eligible to purchase a discounted test kit.
What is Radon?
Radon is a naturally-occurring gas that is found in the soil; you cannot see, smell, or taste radon. Radon enters buildings through cracks and holes in the foundation and can accumulate to elevated levels.
For Builders and Realtors
- pdf Test, Fix, Save Lives Brochure (1.28 MB)
- pdf Consumer's Guide to Radon Reduction (413 KB)
- pdf Homebuyer's and Seller's Guide to Radon (3.67 MB)
- pdf Citizen's Guide to Radon (733 KB)
- pdf Radon in Ohio Homes (754 KB)
- pdf Radon and Real Estate in Ohio (577 KB)
- pdf Radon Testing and Use of Test Results (104 KB)
- pdf Radon Resistant Construction in New Ohio Home (1.15 MB)
- pdf Radon-Resistant Construction: Installation Costs & Energy Benefits (900 KB)
- pdf How Much Does It Cost? (246 KB)
- pdf Radon Resistant New Construction (1.00 MB)
- pdf Geology of Radon in Ohio (320 KB)